Thursday, March 28, 2019

Silent City: Balbus Catfather

(Catfather, Dusklord, the Laughing, the Mighty)




Intermediate God, CG
Pantheon: city cat gods
Portfolio: dusk, cats
Allies: Triest Dawnmother, Avos the Tumbler, Chirrus the Speaker
Foes: ???
Symbol: A leaping cat
Worshiper Alignment: Any

Worship of Balbus Catfather began in the dark ages before the erection of the City. It is said when cats first lived amongst humans, they brought with them the praise of Balbus and Triest, and the other Hundred Gods. These, of course, were not the eldest of the deities, those being the stern and serene figures of Surface and City, but they were the most playful.

The Catfather encourages drunkness, hooliganism, vandalism, and all other expressions of joyous riot and chaos. He is alternately depicted as an enormous Dusk Cat, a fat and laughing man, or as an armor-clad Dusk Monk of power.

The Temple of Balbus
Clergy: Specialty priests, thieves, fighters
Clergy’s Alignment: Any chaotic
Turn Undead: No 
Command Undead: Yes (control cats, does not work on undead)

The temple of the Catfather has nearly been wiped out. Between the City's proscription and collapse, there are only a handful of shrines devoted to the Catfather left. They mostly depend on surfacer patronage, for mendicants from below never arrive. Because they are badly scattered, they have no effective overall leadership. Not being particularly dedicated to or keen on the art of writing or record-keeping, the Catfather temples often have incomplete and spotty knowledge of their own faith.

The thing they have in common is their universal love of joy, laughter, and general happiness. The Dusk Monks of the Dusklord are required by their faith to spread their god's own jovial happiness.

Dogma: Joy is transgression against injustice, and joy is our highest calling.

Day-to-Day Activities: Dusk Monks spend most of their time tending their temples, the grounds, and going forth into the nearby countryside to do good works (mostly drink with people).

Holy Days/Important Ceremonies: Being crepuscular gods, Balbus is the master of Dusk, and that time is his sacred hour. Dusk Monks prepare their spells at this time.

Priestly Vestments: Purple robes with gold filigree and gold belts.

Adventuring Garb: Purple plate armor, cat-helms, and massive maces.

Dusk Monk

REQUIREMENTS: Dexterity 14
PRIME REQ: Dexterity, Wisdom
ALIGNMENT: CG
WEAPONS: mace (normal and sledge), karambit, meteor hammer, katar
MAJOR SPHERES: All, Chaos, Charm, Divination, Guardian, Plant, Time
MINOR SPHERES: Animal, Elemental (fire), Elemental (air), Healing
MAGICAL ITEMS: Normal priestly magical items and any animal-based magical items
REQ. PROFS: Religion (Cat Gods)
BONUS PROFS: Artistic Talent, one martial art

At 1st level, the Dusk Monk may converse with cats.

At 3rd level, the Dusk Monk may jump once per day, as per the spell.

At 5th level, the Dusk Monk may dimension door once per day, as per the spell.

At 7th level, the Dusk Monk's dexterity increases by 2 points to a maximum of 19.

At 10th level, the Dusk Monk gets a +1 bonus to all stats during dusk, to a maximum of 20.

At 15th level, the Dusk Monk may resurrect any slain character who has fallen within 10 minutes of being tended by the Monk. This process takes 9 uninterrupted hours of praying, fasting, and ritual feasting.

8 comments:

  1. Hello I'm Gladness buff by name, I'm giving a testimony about Dr. Emmanuel the great Herbalist, he has the cure to all manner of diseases, he cured my Herpes virus, though I went through different website I saw different testimonies about different spell casters and herbalist, I was like: 'Many people have the Herpes Virus cure why are people still suffering from it?' I though of it, then I contact Dr. Emmanuel via email, I didn't believe him that much, I just wanted to give him a try, he replied my mail and Needed some Information about me, then I sent them to him, he prepared it (CURE) and sent it to Airfreight Online Courier Service for delivery, he gave my details to the Courier Office, they told me that 3-5 days I will receive the package and i took the medicine as prescribed by him and I went for check-up 2 weeks after finishing the medicine, I was tested Herpes Virus negative, if you are Herpes Virus positive do me a favor for you to contact him and I will try my possible best to make sure you get cured, when you contact him, make sure you tell him that I referenced you.. contact him via: nativehealthclinic@gmail.com or WhatsApp/Call him +2348140073965
     he have cure to HIV/AIDS,diabetes,cancer,copd,hepatitis,hpv etc//..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I'm Gladness buff by name, I'm giving a testimony about Dr. Emmanuel the great Herbalist, he has the cure to all manner of diseases, he cured my Herpes virus, though I went through different website I saw different testimonies about different spell casters and herbalist, I was like: 'Many people have the Herpes Virus cure why are people still suffering from it?' I though of it, then I contact Dr. Emmanuel via email, I didn't believe him that much, I just wanted to give him a try, he replied my mail and Needed some Information about me, then I sent them to him, he prepared it (CURE) and sent it to Airfreight Online Courier Service for delivery, he gave my details to the Courier Office, they told me that 3-5 days I will receive the package and i took the medicine as prescribed by him and I went for check-up 2 weeks after finishing the medicine, I was tested Herpes Virus negative, if you are Herpes Virus positive do me a favor for you to contact him and I will try my possible best to make sure you get cured, when you contact him, make sure you tell him that I referenced you.. contact him via: nativehealthclinic@gmail.com or WhatsApp/Call him +2348140073965
     he have cure to HIV/AIDS,diabetes,cancer,copd,hepatitis,hpv etc//..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to use this opportunity to thank this great holy man called Priest Babaka for what he has done for me and my family. This great man has brought happiness and joy back again to me and my family. Priest Babaka has used his great power to help me bring back my husband within the period of 48 hours and also helped me in getting pregnant with his powerful prayers and after 7 days of applying his herbs.This is more than words can say, at first i didn't believe it but today it is so true and all thanks goes to him. i will advice every one out there that has a similar issue, and also any one who is willing to get his or her lover back and any one who wants to get pregnant quick to contact this wonderful man today and forever remain happy in life. email: babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless Dr.MOSES for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed With HERPES VIRUS since 2015 and I was taking my medications, I wasnt satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr.MOSES, how he cured HERPES with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine through UPS SPEED POST. I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 8 days later i was cured from HERPES VIRUS,thank you so much Doctor, you can as well contact him through email.Drmosesherbalisthome@gmail.com you can also call or add him on whatsapp with this number +2348156768667

    DR.MOSES CAN AS WELL CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:-
    1. HIV/AIDS
    2. HERPES
    3. CANCER
    4. COPD.
    5. HEPATITIS A, B, C
    6. ALS
    7. DIABETES TYPE 1, 2 3
    8. ZIKA VIRUS
    9. HPV .
    10. AUTISM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never thought that there will be a miracle on the internet until i came in contact with Priest Babaka, finally i made it with his help, with his spiritual power which was recommended by a lady in baby center he help before, i never believe it was real until i confirm it now because i have tried so many things to make sure i get pregnant but no luck, immediately i contact him. he did some spiritual prayers and send me a medicine which i took, i got pregnant three weeks after, and i now have a son to show. thank you so much priest and i recommend Priest Babaka for everyone out there that is willing to have a child of her own out there. contact him for help too he is real and powerful, i have confirmed it, contact him on email: babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka




    I never thought that there will be a miracle on the internet until i came in contact with Priest Babaka, finally i made it with his help, with his spiritual power which was recommended by a lady in baby center he help before, i never believe it was real until i confirm it now because i have tried so many things to make sure i get pregnant but no luck, immediately i contact him. he did some spiritual prayers and send me a medicine which i took, i got pregnant three weeks after, and i now have a son to show. thank you so much priest and i recommend Priest Babaka for everyone out there that is willing to have a child of her own out there. contact him for help too he is real and powerful, i have confirmed it, contact him on email: babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello I'm From Memphis Tennessee, USA I feel so joyful today because of the
    help Dr Sunny has rendered to me for getting my Husband back with his
    spell. I have been married for 4 years and it has been so terrible because
    my husband was cheating on me and was seeking for a divorce. But when i
    came across Dr Sunny Email, on the internet posted by a lady, i decided to
    get in touch with him and i explained my situation to him and then seek his
    help but to my greatest surprise he told me that he will help me with my
    case for there is no problem without a solution. Here i am celebrating
    because my Husband is back home and am really enjoying my marriage, what a
    great celebration. i will keep on testifying on the internet because Dr
    Sunny is truly a real spell caster. Why not contact Dr Sunny now if you are
    facing any challenges in your relationship life. Email {
    solutioncentre911@gmail.com } you can call Dr or whats app him via
    {+2349056393169} His Also specialize in
    1) love Spell
    2) Pregnancy Spell
    3) Divorce Spell
    4) Marriage Spell
    5) Healing Spell
    6) Penis enlargement
    7) Money Spell
    8.) You want to be promoted in your office
    9) you want to satisfy your lover
    contact this great man if you have any problem for a lasting solution
    Through his email via { solutioncentre911@gmail.com } .

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use to be a very poor woman who has always not find luck when it comes to playing the lottery. I have been playing lottery since i was 21 years and now i am 45 meaning i have been playing lottery for 24 years. The biggest amount i have ever won in my life was 400 bucks. But one day my story turns to history after i find this man name on the Internet that he is the best when it comes to winning lottery. This man is a very strong voodoo doc who gives out the numbers that can never fail. After all my years of laboring and struggling to win the lottery i finally won ( $27,000,000) Dr Alli is the name, Email: allispellhelp1@gmail.com or contact him on his whatsApp number +2348100772528 this is the only way to win the lottery and the best way

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use to be a very poor woman who has always not find luck when it comes to playing the lottery. I have been playing lottery since i was 21 years and now i am 45 meaning i have been playing lottery for 24 years. The biggest amount i have ever won in my life was 400 bucks. But one day my story turns to history after i find this man name on the Internet that he is the best when it comes to winning lottery. This man is a very strong voodoo doc who gives out the numbers that can never fail. After all my years of laboring and struggling to win the lottery i finally won ( $27,000,000) Dr Alli is the name, Email: allispellhelp1@gmail.com or contact him on his whatsApp number +2348100772528 this is the only way to win the lottery and the best way

    ReplyDelete