Friday, October 18, 2013

Progress on the 10th Age

I must admit that I've not made much headway with the setting as of late. That doesn't mean that no more is coming... far from it. Sometimes, though, I need some time away from it so I can return with fresh eyes and a renewed passion. The Lamp Country setting supplement isn't anywhere near done and I need to return to it.

However, a number of things have been conspiring to keep me from working on the 10th Age. Firstly, Keir's player Frank was in Hungary for two weeks which meant that Hounds games were postponed until he returned. Secondly, the natural cycle of my manic work has reached an ebb in the 10th Age currently. Thirdly, some friends and I decided to start a theatre company to highlight our own writing and then I wrote a play. We're called "Grandma Doesn't Like It" and we're based out of Wallingford, CT. We have our first staged reading on November 10th, so that takes up a lot of time. Fourthly, I've been writing a lot. With the acceptance of two of my short stories into the Librum Mysterium of Pulp Mill Press I've decided that maybe there really is an audience for what I'm writing. I've gone on a sort of miniature spree, producing a number of sub-par short stories and a few (I think) prett-ay prett-ay prett-ay good ones.

Sixthly, it's October. That's fall, which is the season for two things: the return of Myth: Soulblighter (every year we get back into it) and the return of Call of Cthulhu. I'm really excited about CoC because for the first time in like 10 years I don't intend to run it as a one-shot but rather as a full campaign which means I don't have to make a module that will fit in the course of a single night. I was always rather bad at that anyway, it invariably ran from about 4pm to 4am which was just way too fackin' long as it were.

So, that's what's on the horizon. There will be some new 10th Age news soon, I promise, but not very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment