Sunday, August 19, 2012

More GenCon

Spotty internet connections in the hotel (the Clarion Northwest) mean that I've been unable to post another blog. I don't have a whole lot of time now, either, because the Con is closing down at around 5 today and we got some serious gaming to do.

I will briefly mention John Harris and Prolific Games as they have built (and taught us, through a playable demo) a great boardgame known as Hirelings, the ascent. I'm definitely going to do a review of it when I get home, since it was amongst our favorite things at the Con entirely -- we played it twice through and considered playing it a third time.

Of course, True Dungeon was also amazing and we're looking forward to doing that again next year. Yeah, I know, it uses the 3rd edition (d20) rules as a base, but what can you do? I'm sure no matter how hard I ask they won't revert it to AD&D.

Plenty of other stuff to talk about, but I want to take my time and compose my thoughts properly before I post about 'em. For your benefit, here are some pictures of Frank running from a dragon.


No comments:

Post a Comment