Friday, May 17, 2013

Organic Design

Just a few notes today. I've started using Evernote so I can secretly write D&D notes from anywhere in the world as long as I have my ipad/laptop and have them still show up at home when I'm back from whatever excursion I've been taking.

Additionally, I find that there is a certain threshold of planning where you reach a sort of critical mass and things begin to take on a life of their own. For example: if your players are going to interact deeply with a group of people, simply detailing a bit about each person ensures a session or two of play. When something goes awry (perhaps someone is murdered by someone else) you still need to figure out the clues or pointers, but it's all so simple because you designed the situation organically. Things just sort of fall into place.

I don't have a lot of time this morning, so I'll expand on this idea later or perhaps on tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment